Below, you can review our organizational structure and leadership team. If you would like to be considered for a role in one of our committees please contact Chris Chartier (email@example.com).
Dr. Christopher R. Chartier, Ashland University
Dana Basnight-Brown, United States International University – Africa
Felix Cheung, The University of Hong Kong
Charlie Ebersole, University of Virginia
Hans IJzerman, Université Grenoble Alpes
Heather Urry, Tufts University
The Study Selection Committee reviews study submissions and selects which proposals will be pursued by the Accelerator.
Assistant Directors: Peter Jonason & Kathleen Schmidt
- Miroslav Sirota, University of Essex
- Jan Antfolk, Åbo Akademi University
- Melissa Kline, MIT
- Christoph Schlid, University of Copenhagen
- Melissa Harms, Gustavus Adolphus College
- Niklas Johannes, University of Glasgow
The Ethics Review Committee reviews all study submissions and identifies possible ethical challenges imposed by particular projects. They assess the overall ethicality of the proposed research as well as identify possible challenges in getting ethics approval from participating institutions.
Assistant Directors: Marietta Papadatou-Pastou
- Michael Mensink, University of Wisconsin-Stout
- Cody Christopherson, Southern Oregon University
- Gerit Pfuhl, University of Tromsø
- Kim Peters, University of Queensland
- Anna van ’t Veer, Leiden University
Translation and Cultural Diversity
The Translation and Cultural Diversity Committee advises the project leaders and Operations Committees with regard to standards and best practice of translation procedures and possible challenges in cross-cultural research. It also proposes actions to support cultural diversification of research and participation of otherwise underrepresented cultures and ethnic groups.
Assistant Directors: Chuan-Peng Hu & Ilker Dalgar
- Diego Forero, School of Health Sciences, Fundación Universitaria del Área Andina
- Janis Zickfeld, University of Oslo
- Sau-Chin Chen, Tzu-Chi University
- Miguel Silan, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Chuan-Peng Hu, Johannes Gutenberg University Medical Center
- Asil Özdoğru, Üsküdar University
- Oscar Oviedo Trespalacios, Queensland University of Technology
- Anabel Belaus, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
- Jan Röer, Universität Witten/Herdecke
- Stella Bollmann, Universität Zurich
- Max Primbs, Radboud University
Community Building and Network Expansion
The Community Building and Network Expansion Committee exists to improve the reach and access to the Accelerator, both internally and with regard to public-facing activities. Activities of this committee include the creation and maintenance of an onboarding document, the creation of email templates, and tasks relating to social media.
Assistant Directors: Natália Dutra & Crystal Steltenpohl
- Jack Arnal, McDaniel College
- Evie Vergauwe, University of Geneva
- Nick Coles, University of Tennessee
- Jordan Wagge, Avila University
The Logistics Committee manages the final matching of proposed projects and contributing labs.
Assistant Directors: Susann Fiedler & Steve Janssen
- Ben Jones, University of Glasgow
The Project Management Committee provides guidance to team leaders regarding the management of crowd-sourced projects.
Assistant Director: Hannah Moshontz
- Jordan Wagge, Avila University
- John Protzko, University of California – Santa Barbara
- Jeremy Miller, Willamette University
- Mallory Kidwell, University of Utah
- Nicholas Coles, University of Tennessee
Data and Methods
The Data and Methodology committee provides guidance to team leaders regarding the feasibility of design, power to detect effects, sample size, etc. It is also involved in addressing the novel methodological challenges and opportunities of the Accelerator.
Assistant Director for Methods: Jessica Flake
Assistant Director for Data: Patrick Forscher
- Balazs Aczel, Eötvös Loránd University
- Zoltan Kekecs, Lund University
- Anna Szabelska, Queen’s University Belfast
- Nick Fox, Rutgers University
- Peder Isager, Eindhoven University of Technology
Assistant Directors: Sau-Chin Chen & Erin Buchanan
Assistant Directors: Thuy-vy Nguyen
- Jovana Vukovic, Broward College
- Patrick Forscher, Université Grenoble Alpes